How to Disable the Process Plugin-Container.exe?
If you are Mozilla Firefox 3.6 user and bothered by slow browsing speed then it may be due to plugin-container.exe, which was added in recent version of Firefox to prevent browser crash. Plugin container separate the process of plugins, ie Flash, Silverlight, etc. and which executed independently from the program plugin-container.exe.
What is Plugin-Container.exe ?
When you visits the web sites which contains flash content like videos, games, flash presentations, flash web sites with audio content and so on; and sometimes you can not view the content because required applications are missing to view the contents like Flash, QuickTime or Silverlight. In this situation this plugin-container.exe connects to the Internet and installs, in the background, the plugin we need to access the content.
You Can Disable the Firefox plugin-container.exe process using about-config. This Is recommended if your system is low in memory and Firefox freezes very often. Follow the simple process to disable the process ;
1. Open Mozilla Firefox and in the address bar type:
2. Click on I’ll be careful , I promise.
3. Now search for dom.ipc in Filter box . Six preferences will appear for the filter ipc.
4. Ignore first and last preferences. Double-click each of the four remaining preferences to change the value from “true” to “false“.
5. That’s it. Now restart the Firefox browser. You disable the plugin–container completely.