Top 20 SEO Tips for Small Startup Businesses
SEO simply means Search Engine Optimization. The idea of SEO is usually interchanged with the marketing. Although they have parallel concepts, one is still different from the other. In marketing, you advertise your product or service to your target users. You capitalize on the strengths of your product or service.
In SEO, you generate traffic to your website so it can rank high in search engines. But at the end of the day, both marketing and SEO only share one goal—increased sales!
Aspects of SEO
SEO is a very broad concept. Through SEO, you are able to determine and increase your website ranking through the various SEO tools. However, you must be very careful in downloading the tools because some are already outdated. In the internet world, tools can easily get obsolete because technology upgrade almost every minute.
Another facet of SEO is the website content, where you provide very rich information to your visitors. This information is filled with keywords that will surely fortify the theme of your website. Also, website contents should also contain backlinks so that if your viewers click on them, they will be directed to your websites.
Top 20 SEO Tips
If you are planning to start an online business, then check out the top 10 SEO tips below:
- You need to make your website appealing to both the search engines and the users through on-site optimization. On-site optimization improves the technical aspect of your website.
- Capitalize on off-site optimization. Through off-site optimization, you promote your website across the World Wide Web. Furthermore, it will help in improving your search engine ranking and draw more viewers coming from third party websites.
- Know the ranking of your competitors. Check out the top rankings sites on various search engines and determine the keywords they use.
- If you are working on a tight budget, you need not tap expensive SEO services. You can provide your own by generating good content and forming online relationships.
- Online companies use SEO and if are planning to skip SEO, you need to remember that if you do not have SEO, then, you will not have visitors to your site.
- Do not copy the SEO strategy of other websites you know. What may work for them may not necessarily work for you.
- SEO is a never ending pursuit. If you stop on capitalizing on SEO because you feel confident that your website has already established a good SEO ranking, then, think again. That confidence might be the source why you might lose visitors and more sales.
- You must seek expert advice from Google through their videos and guidelines.
- Utilize Google’s Keyword Tool. The site will display a list of phrases that are related to your keywords.
- Come up with keywords that are relevant to your line of business.
- You must add keywords at the right places. You must include keywords in URLs, header tags, descriptions, and image tags.
- You must obtain backlinks from trusted sources. It will follow that your site is also a trusted site.
- Acquire backlinks from relevant sources. Links from relevant sources will signify that your site is also relevant.
- You must broaden the horizon of your backlink profile by getting links from a wide array of IP addresses.
- Determine which sites are linking to you. You can determine this by going to the Google Webmaster Tools.
- Supply your homepage with a lot of direct links to your other equally important pages in order to improve their ranking.
- Only put outbound links in your homepage that will only be helpful to your viewers.
- Use your website in building trust and relationship. If a lot of people trust you, then, they will surely patronize your product or service.
- Always remember to put your phone number and address to each page of your website. This action will build trust amongst visitors.
- Add social sharing buttons to your website. This way, you facilitate in making people share the content of your website through the various social media.
SEO is truly an integral part in increasing traffic to your website; thus, it is advisable that you capitalize on SEO because visitors in your website can actually convert to sales!